The Victory is one of Stockholm’s most elegant hotels, located in a 17th-century townhouse in the heart of the city’s old town, Gamla Stan.
The beautiful hotel is the flagship of the Bengtsson family’s private hotel chain, and a testament to the development of the city over the years, retaining both its original exterior and many period features.
The interior has been refurbished and modernised to provide top-quality accommodation, and is decorated throughout with a maritime theme. Numerous nautical artefacts and collectables are on display, including an original letter written by Lord Nelson to Lady Hamilton, giving this hotel a truly unique feel.
- 45 air-conditioned rooms, including 19 single, 19 standard and four deluxe rooms, two junior suites and one suite, each individually decorated and named after a Swedish captain from the 19th and 20th centuries
- All rooms come with hairdryer, safe deposit box, complimentary wi-fi internet connection, telephone, cable TV, trouser press and minibar
- Bathrooms feature a Jacuzzi bath or shower (single, standard rooms and junior suites have a shower only)
- The deluxe rooms have a king-size bed
- Junior suites and the suite have a separate bedroom and living room
- Rooms on the fifth floor have a sloping ceiling
- Buffet breakfast
- Fascinating collection of nautical antiques, including pictures, model ships and figureheads
- Remains of the Lion Tower from the medieval town of Stockholm can be seen in the breakfast room
- Sweden’s largest-ever silver find (18,000 coins and 85 objects) was discovered in 1937 in the area which is now the hotel’s Djuret restaurant. The treasure can be seen at the Stockholm City Museum and Myntkabinettet (Coin Museum)
- Djuret restaurant – reservations recommended (closed Sundays)
- Tweed bar (closed Sundays)
- Burgundy wine bar (closed Sundays)
- Complimentary wi-fi internet connection in the public areas
- Relaxation area including a sauna and cold pool. This area can be reserved for private use (complimentary for two hours). Pre-booking recommended.
- Courtyard garden open June to August only. A bar and light meal service is provided.
What is included?
- Private transfers
- Accommodation with breakfast
- ATOL abd ABTA protection for your financial security
- RB Collection ‘VIP Experience’ service
After spending three wonderful nights here, I can highly recommend the Victory Hotel as the perfect base for a Stockholm break. Located in the city’s charming old town of Gamla Stan, this quirky property has a nautical theme, and dates back to the 17th century. The hotel is within walking distance of all of Stockholm’s main attractions, and offers a warm welcome to customers of all ages.