Japan’s Cultural Treasures
Discover the cultural heritage of Japan on this exciting journey through the country’s main island of Honshu. Visit the tranquil Kenroku-en garden and the castle of Kanazawa before exploring the imperial city of Kyoto with its many temples and shrines. Experience the sombre modern history of Hiroshima, then visit the picturesque island of Miyajima with its iconic Torii gate before finishing back in Tokyo.
- Stay in centrally located 4-star hotels
- Direct flights with British Airways
- Tea ceremony in Kyoto and watch gold leaf production in Kanazawa
- Explore the temples, gardens and shrines of Kyoto and Nara
- Tour the Hiroshima Peace Park with a talk by an A-bomb attack survivor
- Tours conducted using private coach transport
- Small group size – maximum 26 people
Day 1: Fly to Tokyo via Dubai
Overnight flight from London (regional connections available) to Tokyo Haneda airport via Dubai with Emirates. (N)
Special Offer – Special Offer – Save up to £500pp if booked before 28th February
Departure dates & prices
16th March 2019 – from
3rd Sept 2019- from
8th Oct 2019- from
5th Nov 2019 – from
As per itinerary – B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner, N: No meals.
Hanami (cherry blossoms)
Hanami, literally meaning ‘flower viewing’, is the traditional Japanese custom of enjoying the blossoming cherry trees from March to early May, and specifically in Tokyo and Kyoto in early April. Cherry blossom can be seen on many of the excursions on the March and April departures.
Please note that in Japan room sizes can be significantly smaller than in Europe
Excursions on days 3 and 4 may be switched, subject to local conditions.
This tour is based in 4- and 5-star accommodation.
Private & tailor-made travel
This itinerary can be taken privately on a date that suits you, but note that the cost of travelling on a private basis rather than as part of a group is significantly higher in Japan than in most countries. This is because of the very high costs of private guides and vehicles. To reduce costs, a similar itinerary can be booked using public transport and some self-guided excursions, for which guideline prices are shown.
What is included?
• 4-star accommodation
• Flexible – extensions & flight upgrades available
• Average group size – 10 people (max 26)
• International flights
• Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
• Experienced local tour manager
• 9 breakfasts & 3 lunches
• Guided sightseeing & entrance fees
• Bullet train travel
• Cherry blossom season departures
From £4 per person (Based on Double Occupancy)