Oberammergau 2020 & Lake Garda
COMBINE MAGNIFICENT ITALY WITH THEATRICAL OBERAMMERGAU’S PASSION PLAY
Combining the impressive splendour of Italy with the immense theatrical spectacle that is the German village of Oberammergau’s Passion Play, this tour is one of natural scenery, thespian spectacle and European charm.
Days 1 – 2 – DESENZANO
Meet with your Tour Manager today at London St Pancras International, where you board the Eurostar service to Paris where you will stay overnight. On Day 2, you will continue on to Lake Garda via Milan, where we stop at Desenzano to check into our hotel. The rest of your day is at leisure in Desenzano.
Day 1 – Eurostar Meal
Day 2 – Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 – CRUISE TO SIRMIONE
Our first excursion takes us on a tranquil cruise across the azure Lake Garda to the attractive island of Isola del Garda. Looked over by the impressive Scaliger Castle, this delightful place is home to a number of well preserved Roman ruins.
Day 4: VERONA
Today you will pay a visit to romantic Verona. A city of noble ruins, gorgeous monuments and fascinating history, Verona has much to offer, some of which you see on your guided tour. You will visit the stunning Roman amphitheatre, the impressive city gates and Juliet’s balcony.
Day 5: TO OBERAMMERGAU
Today, leave Italy and Lake Garda behind, as you make the scenic rail journey (Standard Class) up through the Italian Alps to Germany and into Bavaria. You will travel to Oberammergau where you’ll check into your hotel in or around the Ammergau region, for the next two nights. Upon arrival and after settling in, you have free time to explore or relax.
Day 6: THE PASSION PLAY
Today is performance day, and you will make your way to the stage in Oberammergau, where you will be treated to Oberammergau’s brilliant Passion Play. Detailing the death and resurrection of Christ during his final days, this production is enormous in scale and a feat of organisation. The play is a source of great pride for the villagers and local people, occurring, as it does, once every ten years. It also attracts nearly half a million audience members over the course of its run throughout the summer. Your top tier tickets provide excellent seats at the front and near the centre, under the impressive dome which houses the stage.
Day 7 – 8: TO LONDON VIA COLOGNE
Leaving the wonderful Oberammergau behind today, you make our way by rail to Cologne. Here you spend the night before leaving Germany on Day 8, as you head to Brussels in Belgium. On arrival, you’ll board the Eurostar service to London, where the tour concludes.
– 16th, 26th & 30th May 2020
– 9th and 25th June 2020
– 2nd July 2020
– 20th & 29th August 2020
– 10th, 17th & 24th September 2020
Prices may vary depending on departure date.
What is included?
- The services of a professional UK Tour Manager from start to finish
- Exclusive meeting point at a dedicated Departure Office in St Pancras
- First Class and Standard Class rail throughout (Standard Premier Class on Eurostar journeys with a light meal and drinks)
- 7 nights’ hotel accommodation including 1 outbound overnight stay in Paris, 3 nights at the 4-Star Hotel Desenzano in Desenzano, 2 nights at a 4-Star hotel in or around Oberammergau and 1 inbound overnight stay in Cologne.
- 13 meals including 7 breakfasts and 6 dinners
- Top tier tickets to a performance of the Oberammergau Passion Play
- Cruise on Lake Garda to Isola del Garda
- Guided city tour of Verona
- At leisure in Desenzano
- ABTA Protection for your financial security
Price includes £100 per person discount when booked before 31st July 2017