Wildlife of British Columbia
Bears, whales and other marine wildlife can all be seen on this unique adventure. Plus you will enjoy a thrilling floatplane journey to Knight Inlet Lodge, which is a floating lodge, where you’ll spend two days grizzly bear viewing. The hospitality here is excellent.
British Columbia is known for its abundant wildlife and spectacular scenery and boasts 10 mountain ranges and some very dramatic coastline. This really is a very special trip – speak to Nathan who has visited this wonderful part of Canada.
This is a flexible tailor made itinerary and can be adjusted to best suit your interests, so call us to plan your dream trip to Canada.
Depart from your preferred airport on Air Canada, British Airways or Air Transat to Vancouver International airport. After clearing customs in Vancouver you will be met in arrivals by your driver who will be waiting with a sign bearing your last name. Your driver will escort you by private transfer to the Georgian Court Hotel, or similar, for a 2-night stay.
Enjoy a full day at leisure sightseeing in Vancouver – there is certainly plenty to see and do.
Pick up your rental vehicle and travel on the ferry to Vancouver Island for a 2-night stay at the Hotel Grand Pacific, or similar. The ferry crossing itself is a pleasure.
Enjoy a 3-hour whale watching excursion in search of orca, minke whales, grey whales, porpoises, harbour seals, eagles, sea lions and other marine wildlife. Commentary is provided by a certified marine biologist and naturalist. The rest of the day is at your leisure and perhaps take time to visit the world famous Butchart Gardens.
Drive across Vancouver Island to the Pacific Coast and Tofino for a 3-night stay at Long Beach Resort, or similar.
Today enjoy a 2 ½ hour black bear viewing excursion. At low tide the bears emerge from the forests to forage along the shoreline in search of their favourite food – rock crabs. This is the ideal opportunity to view black bears in their natural habitat.
Another opportunity to see wildlife on todays excursion which will be in search of Pacific Gray whales which are regular visitors from March to October. This 3-hour excursion takes you through the pristine waters of Clayoquat Sound to view the stunning scenery and wildlife. Other marine sightings may include humpback whales, transient orcas, seals and eagles.
Today drive to the eastern coast of Vancouver Island to Campbell River, famous for its salmon fishing. Overnight stay at Comfort Inn, or similar.
Depart by floatplane to Knight Inlet Lodge where, this afternoon, you’ll enjoy your first grizzly bear viewing excursion. Overnight at Knight Inlet Lodge on full board basis.
A full day at the lodge to enjoy watching grizzly bear and other wildlife in their natural, pristine environment. Depending on the season you will view the bears from either a boat as they feed on grasses and sedge along the estuary or from a hide as they feast on the returning spawning salmon before getting ready for hibernation.
After breakfast depart by floatplane back to Campbell River and pick up your car from the floatplane dock, then drive to Nanaimo. Take the ferry back to the mainland and from the ferry port drive into Vancouver for your final night stay at the Georgian Court Hotel, or similar.
Enjoy a relaxing morning before travelling to the airport to return your rental car in plenty of time before checking in for your return flight to the UK. Depart Vancouver International Airport on Air Canada, British Airways or Air Transat back to your preferred airport in the UK landing next day.
What is included?
- Return flights (economy class)
- Private transfer on arrival
- 11 nights accommodation as detailed
- Rental of mid-size vehicle (Chrysler 200 Sedan or similar)including unlimited mileage, CDW and all taxes
- BC Ferries crossing from Vancouver Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island
- 3-hour whale watching excursion from Victoria
- 3-hour whale watching excursion from Tofino
- 2 ½ hour bear viewing excursion from Tofino
- 3-night Knight Inlet package including floatplane from/to Campbell River
- Full board while at Knight Inlet lodge and grizzly bear viewing excursions
- BC Ferries crossing from Vancouver Island Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay Vancouver
- ATOL and ABTA protection for your financial security
- RB Collection ‘VIP Experience’ service
- Meals other than specified
- Gratuities Optional car rental extras purchased locally
- Canadian ETA (Electronic travel authorisation).
- Upgraded flights
- Upgraded Rental Car
- In some cases upgrade hotels or room types. Just ask us and we will tailor this holiday to suit you.
from £3,299 per person