Thyme, The Cotswolds
A magnificent space for relaxing and celebrating
Thyme is a village within a village that includes hotel, Meadow Spa, the Baa, Cookery School, Ox Barn restaurant, Tithe Barn event space and village pub – The Swan. Less than two hours from central London. There are elegant drawing rooms for guests to relax in, enjoy Aurelia treatments for body and mind and swim in the chemical-free pool; Walk through the gardens and farm or take a country cycle ride. Farm-based and plant-inspired menus are carefully curated, with classes in the Cookery School getting to the heart of Thyme’s story… the magnificent spaces make Thyme the perfect place for celebrating or corporate events.
- Located in the picturesque village of Southrop, Gloucestershire
- 1 hour by rail from London Paddington to Swindon
- 1 hour 15 minutes by rail from London Paddington to Charlbury
- Close A road connections to Oxford, Cheltenham and Cirencester
Food and drink
- Ox Barn at Thyme – Guests can dine on fresh, seasonal and local dishes
- The Swan – Thyme’s award-winning pub located in the village offers a range of classic, seasonal dishes.
- The Baa – Guest lounge and bar situated in the old lambing sheds with bespoke ‘sheep seats’.
- Tithe Barn Dining – We offer a unique dining experience for private parties, celebrations, press events and corporate gatherings
- Spring water heated outdoor pool
- Spa treatments
- Coming soon – Private Thermal Suite & Hot Spring Water Tub
- State of the art cookery school offering classes inspired by seasonal produce from Thyme’s own from kitchen garden and farm, including ‘The Instinctive Cook’, Bread Making, ‘Simple Suppers’ and a wide range of world food classes.
- Bespoke classes for family celebrations or corporate team building.
- Thyme bicycles and maps
- Guests can explore the local historical villages located nearby or take a walk in the beautiful countryside.
- Activities such as laser clay pigeon shooting, foraging, floral classes, gundogs & archery are all located within the grounds of the estate.
- Thyme is fully licensed to hold wedding ceremonies.
- Wedding breakfasts for up to 88 people.
What is included?
- Range of accommodation options:
- Thyme can accommodate up to 62 guests over 29 bedrooms as well as one 2 bedrooms cottage.
- The Lodge – 9 double rooms with en-suite bathrooms
- The Farmhouse – 8 double rooms with en-suite bathrooms
- The Tallet – 4 double rooms with 3 en-suites.
- The Dairy & The Ox Houses – One-bedroomed cottages
- Old Walls – Sleeps 4 adults and 2 children, sitting room, kitchen and large south facing gardenBespoke services based on your requirements
- RB’s ‘VIP Experience’ Service