Travel Updates…9.04.21 | Oliver
Updated 9th April 2021
The government have today announced a traffic light system will be used to categorise destinations this summer. Here is a quick summary:
Green: pre & post tests but no quarantine required (unless you receive a positive result)
Amber: pre & post tests required and quarantine (can use Test to Release to reduce quarantine time)
Red: tests + quarantine hotel
Green Watch List: From government: ‘To give passengers more certainty when travelling, a “Green Watchlist” will be introduced to help identify countries most at risk of moving from Green to Amber. The watchlist will provide greater assurance for those who wish to travel abroad.’
The government will publish the first list of which destinations are on the green list on 1st May with the hope holidays can then resume on 17th May 2021.
The report also states the government are working with the travel industry to reduce the costs of testing for holidaymakers which is positive news.
Already booked with us? If you already have a holiday booked with us, we invite you to visit our Coronavirus Travel Information page here.
Where can I travel after lockdown? Book now and have something to look forward to…
Prior to the current UK lockdown there were a number of holiday destinations with travel corridors meaning no quarantine required on arrival or return home. They also required a negative Covid test for traveller peace of mind too.
We will have to wait until 1st May to hear which destinations are on the green list however there are some clear indications so far with Portugal, Seychelles and Malta for example looking positive for summer holidays.
Over the past few months, we have reported how the Maldives is one of the best options and we know the islands well. Nathan has visited and is available for first-hand knowledge and advice when booking with us. We are also hopeful that a number of summer holiday destinations will re-open.
We continue to monitor the list closely and will have the latest information at hand to offer our advice when booking with us.
We have found many clients are itching to get away, while others would prefer to book for later in the year. Either way, we are here to help take care of the arrangements and provide all the latest traveling information.
Our Covid Booking Promise…
If you are considering booking a holiday, we wanted to remind you of some of our commitments to re-assure you about the services we offer.
- ATOL Protection on flight-inclusive holidays. This ensures your money is financially secure should the holiday company fail and is protected by the UK government. when you book with us, we will issue you with an ATOL Certificate Read more about ATOL here. Holidays that do not include flights offer alternative forms of cover which can vary and we will ensure you have the relevant details when booking with us.
- ABTA Bond: it is a requirement in the UK that a travel agency also holds a financial bond which we do via ABTA. We joined ABTA when we opened in 1985 and have continued to renew our bond every year without fail. You can read about ABTA”s Book With Confidence campaign here.
- Flexibility is a key right now and we have been working hard with our industry partners to set up special arrangements for our clients. These include reduced deposits and flexibility to change departure dates later for Covid-19 related reasons. Conditions can change for each booking and we will discuss these with you in more detail during the booking process.
- Amendments & refunds: As a member of ABTA who offers ATOL protected holidays, should your holiday be cancelled by the operator before travel due to a travel ban by the FCDO for example, you are entitled to a refund or amendment as per the Package Travel Regulations (when a holiday includes a flight and hotel for example as minimum). We will assist with this and will not leave you high and dry to manage it yourself.
- Business Partners & Suppliers: We have learnt a lot in the last 10 months and commit to working only with those suppliers who match our own high levels of service regarding managing amendments, travel updates and refunds.
- AITO Specialist Travel Agent: Our membership of this unique group of independent companies means we have close relationships with the best in the business to offer a wider selection of products. AITO have a very strict membership criteria and so we are very proud to be involved with this prestigious group.
- Independent, honest advice from award-winning travel experts. We are not commercially tied to any specific company and so can offer 100% impartial advice when booking with us. The holiday experience is our priority, not commercial gain.
- Small, friendly team offering personal service. In today’s climate, we believe there is something quite special about dealing with a small team who you can contact easily and offer a flexible way of working. We will it in with you to help make your life less stressful and more enjoyable.
- Family owned & operated. Alan Broad started our firm in 1985 on Boley Park in Lichfield however our family began in the trade way back in 1936! Today, Nathan Collins is Joint MD with Alan’s youngest son Oliver, the third generation of the family to work in travel. With all this experience you are in very good hands indeed.
How to contact us…
Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, or you can email us (see top of page) or message via our usual social media channels so feel free to contact us to discuss existing or new holidays. We also offer video calls to speak face to face from the safety of your own home.
Whatever assistance you require, we are here to help and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nathan & Oliver
Joint Managing Directors