Surrounded by the Lyngen Alps, one of the most unspoiled and picturesque landscapes in Northern Norway, the owner-managed Lyngen Lodge is a rural gem. Owner managed by Elisabeth Braathen and Graham Austick the property is backed by mountain peaks and enjoys views over the Lyngenfjord.
During the day, experience the delights of the region. In the summer take a walk in the countryside; hike to the mountain peaks; participate in a boat excursion or kayak on the fjord. In the winter, during clear nights, the Northern Lights may sparkle overhead. Tromso can be reached in a 2 1/2 hours drive and the local airport at Sorkjosen in just 25 minutes.
At night relax in one of the comfortable lounges where attention to detail is apparent – often a wood-burning fire will be roaring; take a dip in the outdoor hot tub and enjoy a delicious three-course evening meal prepared by Lyngen Lodge´s own in house chef. Share stories of your day with your hosts and fellow guests and plan further exploration.
Combining an idyllic location, professional and welcoming service, a relaxed and social atmosphere and mouth-wateringly delicious food, we cannot recommend the Lyngen Lodge highly enough.
- 8 rooms with double or twin beds and bathroom (shower). Two rooms have bunk beds (larger bed below, single bed above).
- Some rooms have a view towards the fjord
- Rooms are relatively small in size but very cozy.
Amenities / Leisure:
- Buffet breakfast
- Three course evening meal (set menu) served on a long table and enjoyed with other guests
- Comfortable lounges, one with a woodburning fireplace
- Telescope for guests to use
- Outdoor hot tub
- Free parking.
Winter activities available November – March:
What is included?
- Flights from the UK
- ATOL & ABTA Protection for your financial security
- RB ‘VIP’ Experience
Excursions & activities – please ask for details