Iceland Northern Lights Long Weekend Special
A great long weekend special taking in Iceland’s Blue Lagoon, Blue Circle Tour and Northern Lights.
This amazing special offer is strictly limited so please do contact us early if you are interested.
This is a great value for money option and our Iceland Specialists Nicola and Oliver can make suggestions to upgrade the hotel, extend your stay or add on more activities based on your requirements. Do keep this in mind as we are offer a fully flexible service.
- Depart Birmingham on your direct flight to Reykjavik. For your convenience we have included prebooked luggage and seats together on the aircraft
- On arrival you will be transferred by coach from the airport to Reykjavik.
- You will stay in the centre of Reykjavik in comfortable 3* hotel, we know the location and feel it works well to explore Iceland’s capital on foot. Ask about hotel upgrades.
- Today, you will venture out on a full day tour to visit the main sights of the area. This tour is a combination of the two most popular tours you can do while in Iceland Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle.
- Start the day by relaxing in the wonder that is The Blue lagoonand then visit Iceland´s three most famous sites in The Golden Circle tour. The Blue Lagoon is one of Iceland’s most famous tourist attractions, and considered by many to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, as well as an unmissable part of one´s visit to Iceland.
- The Blue Lagoon offers a lava and moss filled scenery, state of the art facilities, a unique atmosphere and silica masks that make your skin extra firm, yet incredibly soft! Included in this combo is the Blue Lagoon Comfort Package where you receive entrance to the Blue Lagoon, silica mud mask, use of a towel, and a drink of your choice.
- After having enjoyed all that the Blue Lagoon has to offer, you return to Reykjavík on ready to join in the Golden Circle Tour.
- You will need to join the 11.15am return transfer from Blue lagoon to Reykjavik in order to join the 12.30pm departure for your Golden Circle Tour.
- Check out some of the awesome things you can do at the Blue Lagoon…
- Experience the healing effect of the geothermal water – enjoy a long soak in the Blue Lagoon’s warm pools and take in the breath-taking view of Iceland’s icy landscape. Don’t forget to try the famous silica mud mask – you’ll find a bucket of the white goodness at the end of the pool. And yes – it’s FREE!
- Another must-do is the Blue Lagoon’s waterfall shower – let the warm water run down your shoulders and feel the muscles in your entire body relax.
- If you still have some time on your hands, there’re saunas and a quiet relaxation area with a spectacular view to enjoy!
- The Golden Circle tour allows you to visit Iceland’s most stunning sights, starting with the Geysir geothermal area where the Strokkur geyser shoots a column of water up to 30 meters (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes in a thrilling display of nature’s forces.
- The tour continues to Gullfoss waterfall, created by the river Hvítá, which tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep, flowing down into a wide curved three-step “staircase”.
- The Golden Circle tour also includes the historical and geological wonder that is Thingvellir National Park, listed on UNESCO´s world heritage list, where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year.
- After an amazing day of nature exploring, you head back to Reykjavik.
- The admission fee to the Blue Lagoon is included in the price (Comfort Ticket)
- Please note while children under 13 can travel free of charge on this tour .We will need to reserve a place for them in the coach, so please remember to let us know how many children are travelling and how old they are.
- Comfort tickets includes: Silica Mud Mask, Towel hire, 1 free drink and Algae Mask.
- Today is at leisure to explore
- Our Iceland specialists can make suggestions on where to go or what to see.
- Alternatively, pre book one of the optional activities to see more of this fascinating country (ask for details).
- This evening you will join the Northern Lights tour
- Today is at leisure. Wonder around Reykjavik and pop in to see the local shops and cafe’s. Visit the famous church or book onto one of the optional additional excursions. The Super Jeep trips are very popular, and Nicola has been on one herself so can tell you all about it when you book with us.
- You could also opt for an additional Northern Lights excursions this evening.
- Part of our concierge service offers dinner reservations at one of the local restaurants to help you enjoy the last evening of your Iceland adventure!
- Sadly, it is time to leave Iceland. You be transferred back to the airport by coach transfer (ask about upgrading to private transfers)
- Your flight back to the UK includes checked in luggage and pre booked seats
Please note that the order of the excursions may differ to that above.
Do contact us to plan your perfect Iceland short break.
Ask to speak to Nicola or Oliver who have visited themselves.
Viewing the Northern Lights is weather dependent.
What is included?
- Return flights from Birmingham (ask about other airports)
- Checked in luggage & pre-booked seats
- Return airport transfers
- 4 nights hotel in Reykjavik
- Northern Lights excursion
- Golden Circle & Blue Lagoon excursion
- Our Iceland specialist top tips
- ABTA & ATOL Protection for your financial security
- RB ‘VIP Service’
from £649 per person
Based on departing 5th November 2020 (ask about other dates).
I loved Iceland! It is such a unique place with lots to see and do an only a few hours flight from the UK. The Super Jeep was one of the best excursions and the Blue Lagoon was something else!